Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT) is a medical treatment that involves delivering oxygen at increased atmospheric pressure to heal injuries to the body.
According to Dr. Paul G. Harch, a pioneer and leading authority on hyperbaric oxygen therapy and research, “Oxygen under pressure works as a drug to treat basic disease processes that are common to many acute and chronic conditions. By treating the disease processes the diseases are treated also.”
Treatment: 1 hour (30 min for first visit)
Frequency: We recommend doing no less than 10 sessions for acute problems. We recommend 40 hours in 30 days for maximum benefit when dealing with illness, wound and chronic brain injuries, etc.
HBOT: Increasing oxygen to cells
Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT) is a medical treatment that involves delivering oxygen at increased atmospheric pressure to heal injuries to the body. According to Dr. Paul G. Harch, a pioneer and leading authority on hyperbaric oxygen therapy and research, “Oxygen under pressure works as a drug to treat basic disease processes that are common to many acute and chronic conditions. By treating the disease processes the diseases are treated also.”
Recommended frequency: We recommend doing no less than 10 sessions for acute problems. We recommend 40 hours in 30 days for maximum benefit when dealing with acute illness, wound, chronic brain injuries, etc. 40 hours can be done by doing 90 min. sessions daily and/or adding 2 “dive” times in one day at least 4 hours apart. We understand this is a frequent commitment that some can’t manage, and oftentimes people choose to add IV therapy with their sessions for maximum cellular benefit and come 2-3x/week.
Cost: $100/session or $50 when combined with an IV therapy treatment. We do have packages available $50/session x10 sessions.
Time: First visit: 30 min. and then 1-2 hours for all other visits. Takes approx. 5 min. to get to the pressurized air inside the chamber. 60-90 min. Session starts after pressure is reached and then it takes approx. 3 min. to release pressure after session is over.
- Cerebral Palsy
- Stem Cells
- Tramatic Brain Injury
8 uses for HBOT:
1. The Hyperbaric Chamber can Strengthen the Healing Process: When your body is literally swimming in oxygen and has 80% capacity to absorb it from the air, it benefits in amazing ways. The extra oxygen is absorbed into the bloodstream, improving the delivery of oxygen to areas of the body that do not get it so easily. These poorly perfused areas have limited perfusion and little veins or arteries to deliver or take blood. This means that inflammation can occur. With the extra oxygen going into your bloodstream, you are delivering the most basic and valuable nutrient that your tissue needs to survive, oxygen. When the inflammation is pushed out, and the tissue is revived from fresh blood delivery through the vascular system, the healing process improves.
2. The Hyperbaric Chamber can Help Fight Radiation Sickness: Since the hyperbaric chamber specializes in repairing the vascular system and improving vascular delivery, it can play an essential role in helping tissue to recover from radiation sickness. Radiation can often damage sensitive cells past the point where they can recover, often leaving sensitive organs with less strength. When a higher oxygen concentration, coupled with a repaired vascular system, more bodily resources devoted to healing can be delivered to the affected area.
3. Ease arthritis pain: Lessen the inflammatory response in patients with autoimmunity like multiple sclerosis or rheumatoid arthritis.
4. Works synergistically with Oncology protocols and Chemotherapy. Doing HBOT prior to chemo has shown to make chemotherapy more effective. If only using alternative measures (such as high dose vitamin C, etc.), using HBOT prior to those IV infusions also enhances their effectiveness due to the oxygenation & pressures inside the body.
5. Shorten recovery time: NFL players & athletes have benefited from increased rate of recovery when using the chamber.
6. Improve brain function, memory, and mood.
7. Mitigate the effects that diabetes has on the vasculature.
8. Anti-Aging by reviving tired skin & can generate glowing skin and improve skin elasticity. Resource: Huffington Post
How Does Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT) Work?
Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT) works by fully enclosing a person in a chamber, increasing the pressure in the chamber, and then delivering pure oxygen. The entire body and all organs and tissues in the body are exposed to increased oxygen pressure. The oxygen is breathed into our lungs where it dissolves in the blood and is distributed throughout the body.
- At sea level, or 1 atmosphere of pressure, the air we breathe is only 21% oxygen. This small amount of oxygen is enough to saturate 98% of the oxygen carrying protein in our blood, the hemoglobin.
- With hyperbaric oxygen, the body is exposed to 1-3 atmospheres of pure oxygen or 100%-300% oxygen, nearly 15 times the amount of oxygen in our air. As the pressure is increased in the chamber, the last 2% of hemoglobin is quickly saturated with oxygen.
- As the pressure is further increased, all of the remaining oxygen is dissolved in the liquid portion of the blood.
- With greater pressure more oxygen is dissolved. This liquid portion can then deliver very high amounts of oxygen to all of the tissues in the body, enough oxygen to keep a patient alive without the hemoglobin.
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT) is particularly effective in delivering increased amounts of oxygen to wounds in the body that have poor blood supply or injured tissue that is swollen. By exposing a person daily to increased amounts of oxygen for 1-2 hours, the body is able to speed up the healing process at any sites of injury, including bone, soft tissue, the brain, spinal cord, heart, liver, etc.
- Resource: Dr. Paul S. Anderson © 2017 PS Anderson – www.ConsultDrAnderson.com