Ozone is one of the most versatile forms of healing oxygen on the planet!
What is Ozone
Oxygen, known as O2, is 2 molecules of Oxygen. It is so vital to humans that we would die within minutes without it. Oxygen gives us life and supports nearly all the body’s activities including brain function, energy production, and elimination. Every single cell demands oxygen for proper function, meaning that we cannot live a healthy existence without OXYGEN!
Ozone, or O3, is a ‘high powered’ oxygen. It contains 3 molecules of oxygen instead of 2. You might have heard that ozone can be a dangerous substance in the atmosphere. But, the reality is that it protects us.
Ozone was discovered in 1940 and by 1900, it was used to kill germs on instruments and wounts, sterilize water and in dental surgery. By the 1950’s devices were invented in Germany which allowed for precise amounts of ozone + oxygen mixtures.
How it Works
- Ozone produces small amounts of hydrogen peroxide and reacts with unsaturated fatty acids in the blood and forms lipid hydroperoxides (aka ozonoids). It produces a phenomenon known as “Hormesis”. It allows for the cells to have heightened protective and defensive processes.
- Ozone treatments can prepare the body for greater stressors at a later time. It helps improve the natural defense system in the body, making it more resilient to infections, illness and stress.
- When ozone + oxygen is added to the blood, red and white blood cells help the mitochondria produce more ATP (the energy and life of the cell). This helps repair damage, remove pathogens and improve function of nerve cells.
- Cells release an increased amount of oxygen carried by hemoglobin to be released in the tissues.
- Immune cells (lymphocytes, macrophages and neutrophils) increase their production of cytokines, which help remove pathogens in infected cells.
- Ozone helps turn on the genes that program the production of antioxidant enzymes.
- Release growth factors to initiate the repair processes in soft tissues, ligament injuries, joints, etc.
- Increases release of nitrous oxide which helps more oxygen and nutrient-rich blood reach the tissues.
- Stimulates white blood cells to make and release TNF-a which the immune system uses to eliminate abnormal cells and infections.
Ozone Therapy Provides Health Benefits for Dozens of Conditions
What I love about this therapy is that it’s versatile and can be used for so many diseases, both acute and chronic. The list of illnesses is enormous! Here are just a few conditions that may benefit from Ozone treatments:
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Acute infections (ie. influenzae)
- Autoimmune Disease
- Lyme Disease
Ozone not only has the potential to fight infection, it can also help the body to produce its own antioxidant system. It can also re-oxygenate the tissues, bloodstream and organs, making it a great addition for those with cardiovascular disease, circulation problems, mental illness, cancer and inflammatory disorders.
Additionally, it relaxes the nervous system by essentially resetting the nerves.
We are excited to offer this at Vive IV Therapy. Please call 563.284.2422 to book your appointment, today!
*These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA